Friday 22 April 2011

RockBand - Beatles Edition

(Originally written 11/9/2009. About a computer game, for those of my generation who are not familiar with RockBand.)

I note with interest that there were queues at HMV yesterday when this was released, and that the full game and accessory pack(s) costs £325. Let me say immediately that I have not played Rock Band, so I could be talking out of the back of my bonce, but that's never stopped me.

As far as I can tell, the game requires players to press the right buttons at the right time on a plastic guitar, and possibly strum it too, or hit the right parts of a mini drum kit as the music plays. Successful completion of The Cavern Club round moves the player on to the Top Of The Pops round, and so on.

Friends, I think I may have hit on another money-making scheme!

BabbaCo Industries is pleased to announce Ultimate Super-Difficult Rock Band - Beatles Edition. Costing just £500, it will appeal to any fast-fingered teen who wants to demonstrate their hand/eye co-ordination skills to their envious peers. The complete game consists of the following:

1) A real fucking guitar, you stupid adolescent. That's what you're supposed to be doing in your bedroom, idiot, learning how to play guitar and making your fingers bleed, not pressing plastic buttons. Oh, alright, that's the other thing you're supposed to be doing in your bedroom.

2) A copy of The Beatles Complete songbook. With those boxes to tell you where to put your fingers.

3) A DVD of The Beatles Greatest Hits to play along with. And don't come whining to me when you get to "Yesterday". Or "Blackbird".

4) Depending on your choice of bandmember, a selection of posters to put on your wall.
a) "The guitar's a great hobby, John, but you'll never make any money at it."
b) Jane Asher
c) Something Indian that smells of joss sticks, or
d) An octopus's garden.

I reckon I'll be quids in!

No comments:

Post a Comment